Asset management is the practice of providing the greatest benefits from these assets in the most cost-effective manner. It establishes the process for operation, maintenance, renewal, refurbishment and upgrade of Council’s assets.
Asset management activities Include:
- Life cycle costing of Council assets to achieve best value
- Undertake asset acquisition, replacement and rehabilitation
- Current and future service planning to deliver the best outcomes for the community within the financial constraints of Council’s budgets
- Developing and undertaking asset condition assessments
- Analysis of asset condition data to determine and schedule asset replacement and rehabilitation