Facilities & Services
- Enviroment & Waste
- Community & Health
- Children 0-8 Years
- Women's Health
- Keeping Healthy
- Towong Alliance
- Property Risk Management
- Emergency Management
- Human Rights
- History, Arts & Culture
- Sports & Recreation
- Other Facilities & Infrastructure
National Quality Framework
Council's kindergartens meet all the standards set out under the National Quality Framework. The Framework sets a national benchmark for early childhood¬†education and care and outside school hours care¬†services in Australia.
Kindergartens are assessed to make sure they meet the quality standards set out in the Framework. There are seven areas covered including:
1. Educational program and practice;
2. Children's health and safety;
3. Physical environment;
4. Staffing arrangements;
5. Relationships with children;
6. Collaborative partnerships with families and communities; and
7. Leadership and service management.
The major benefits for parents and children include:
- Improved educator to child ratios;
- Greater individual care and attention for children;
- Educators with increased skills and qualifications;
- Better support for children‚Äôs learning and development; and
- A national register to help parents assess the quality of education and care services in their area.
Click here to go to the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority's website for more details.