Facilities & Services
- Enviroment & Waste
- Community & Health
- Children 0-8 Years
- Women's Health
- Keeping Healthy
- Towong Alliance
- Property Risk Management
- Emergency Management
- Human Rights
- History, Arts & Culture
- Sports & Recreation
- Other Facilities & Infrastructure
Maternal and Child Health
There are five Maternal and Child Health Centres (MCH) located across the Shire offering support to young families and a quality health referral system when required. The MCH service is a free service, available to all families with children from birth to school age. It provides services that offer families with young children support, information, health promotion, early identification of health concerns and appropriate intervention.
Towong Shire Council’s MCH service offers:
- Information, support and advice regarding parenting, child health, development and learning, child behaviour, maternal health and wellbeing, child safety, immunisation, breastfeeding, nutrition and family planning;
- A schedule of consultation at key ages and stages of child development when you are encouraged to attend the service with your child;
- Additional activities and appointments according to individual family needs, e.g. home visiting;
- Links to specialist services when you need some extra help, e.g. early parenting centres;
- Parent groups to provide health information and the opportunities to meet other parents in the local area; and
- A more intensive level of support for vulnerable children and families.
Ph. 1300 60 60 24
For immediate, expert health advice from a registered nurse, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.