Facilities & Services
- Environment & Waste
- Landfills and Transfer Stations
- Kerbside Bin Collections
- Towong Shire Council Roadside Weed and Pest Management Plan
- Roadside Management
- Regional Waste Plan Consultation
- Victorian Energy Compare
- Septic Tanks
- Environmental Sustainability
- Tree Management Plan
- Hardwaste and Greenwaste Collections
- Collection of Firewood
- Managing Farm Waste
- Water and Sewerage
- Wild Dog Management
- Forestry Management
- Report Illegal Environmental Pollution
- Community & Health
- History, Arts & Culture
- Sports & Recreation
- Other Facilities & Infrastructure
Snakes are protected under the Wildlife Act 1975 and it is illegal to interfere with, capture, kill or harm them.
Removal of snakes isÂ notÂ a Council role.Â
Council staffÂ do not handle or remove snakes.
Local contractors are available to remove snakes from private residences (these are notÂ Council contractors).
No preference is given to the order of the following local contractors and we aim to keep this as up-to-date as possible.
- Noel Crossman â€“ Hume Pest Control â€“ 0412 576 541 or 02 6023 2657
- Tristan Hamilton â€“ 0431 530 057
Charges may apply when using these contractors. Charges for this service is not a Council responsibility.
Bites can occur when snakes feel threatened or cornered â€“ this usually occurs when people interfere with or try to capture or kill snakes.
If you think someone has been bitten by a snake, call 000 immediately.
For further information regarding protection or removal of snakes, please contact the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) on 136 186.
If a snake is sighted in a public space, please call Towong Shire Council Customer Service on 6071 5100.
Remember, if you see a snake:
- keep calm
- try to move yourself, anyone with you and your petsÂ away from the snake
- never touch or attempt to capture or hurt a snake
- warn others in the area