Facilities & Services
Location: 75 Towong St
Telephone: (02) 6071 2955
|Tuesday||10am - 12noon, 12.30pm - 5pm|
|Friday||10am - 12noon, 12.30pm - 5pm|
|Saturday||9am - 11.30am|
- Book Club - The Tallangatta Library Book Club meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 10.30am over a shared morning tea. Lots of fun!
- Story telling - Come and be spell-bound at our monthly story telling session. Contact the librarian for dates and times.
- Children's Book Week - Plenty of activities during Children's Book Week in August each year.
- Health issues - Regular presentations on various health matters in conjunction with Tallangatta Health Service.
The Corryong Elyne Mitchell Library
The Corryong Elyne Mitchell Library is named after a prolific local author, most noted for her 'Silver Brumby' series. The Library has something to offer everyone from internet access and WIFI, to reference materials, children's reading time plus a wide range of books, DVDs and audio books.
The Library hosts visiting authors and workshops, outreach programs in conjunction with local schools and the Upper Murray Health and Community Service and a range of themed events and presentations.
Be sure to check out the various Library programs on offer:
- Storytime - Fridays at 11am for children 0-5 years and their parents;
- Book Club - meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month; and
- Mother Goose - for children 0-2 years and their parents, during each school term.
Become involved in the Library - Join as a volunteer or become a member of 'Friends of the Corryong Library'. The Friends raise funds to purchase valuable Library resources.
Location: 76 Hanson Street (co-located with Council's service centre)
Telephone: (02) 6076 1639
|Monday to Friday||9am - 4.30pm|
|Saturday||9am - 12noon|
Become a member of Towong Shire Libraries
Membership of Towong Shire Libraries is free. All you need to do is to complete the form below and drop it into the Tallangatta or Corryong Library.
Council is part of the Swift Library Consortium together with Indigo Shire and Wodonga Councils. This means we have access to an online library resource where you can search the library catalogue and reserve books and other resources. Click here to go to the library portal.
The mobile library carries a full range of materials including large print, picture books, talking books and videos. All borrowers have access to the complete regional collection through the Riverina Regional Library reservations facility. Download the mobile library schedule below.