Planning, Rules & Payments
- Rates & Payments
- Planning & Building
- Planning Permit Applications
- Towong Planning Scheme
- Planning Scheme Amendments
- Bushfire Planning
- Native Vegetation
- Licensed Premises
- Planning Compliance
- Section 173 Agreements and Restrictive Covenants
- Un-Sewered Development and Septic Tanks
- Useful Links
- Domestic Wastewater Management Plan
- Infrastructure Design Manual
- Environmental Health
- Local Laws & Permits
Native vegetation is referred to in Clause 52.17 of the Towong Planning Scheme.
A permit is required to remove, destroy or lop native vegetation, including dead native vegetation. This does not apply:
- If the table to Clause 52.17-7 specifically states that a permit is not required.
- To the removal, destruction or lopping of native vegetation specified in the schedule to this clause.
- To an area specified in the schedule to this clause.
When lodging a planning permit application which is for the removal of native vegetation requiring a permit or includes the need to remove native vegetation requiring a permit the following is required:
- Planning Permit application form;
- Planning fees ($102.00 plus $37.00 public notice fee);
- Copy of the Title or a Title Search;
- Class of application as defined in the Permitted clearing of native vegetation – Biodiversity assessment guidelines (Department of Environment and Primary Industries, September 2013);
- Generated report using the online tool;
- Detail the method of offset or other arrangement to make good the removal.
Essential references to help put together the application: