With a tight-knit community and stunning natural surroundings to explore, Towong Shire is a great place to live, work and play.
At Towong Shire Council, we embody our values of respect, integrity, pride and teamwork in everything we do. Pursuing a career at Council means helping to enhance the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of the Shire – both now and into the future.
Learn more about Towong Shire Council.
Roles at Council
Working in local government can be incredibly rewarding. At Council, you'll have many opportunities to grow your skills across a wide range of disciplines.
We employ over 70 staff in full-time, part-time and casual positions. We have offices and depots in Tallangatta and Corryong and various other worksites across the Shire, including:
- Corryong Visitor Information Centre
- libraries in Tallangatta and Corryong
- maternal and child health centres in Corryong and Tallangatta
- kindergartens in Tallangatta, Corryong and Bellbridge
- transfer stations in Tallangatta and Corryong
- swimming pools in Tallangatta and Corryong
- Upper Murray Community Recovery Hub in Corryong.
Our team includes friendly and supportive staff working alongside a proactive and committed group of councillors.
Our people enjoy a work-life balance offering the best of nature, adventure and community spirit. We're a small group, but the camaraderie and teamwork at Council is second to none.