With a tight-knit community and stunning natural surroundings to explore, Towong Shire is a great place to live, work and play.
At Towong Shire Council, we embody our values of respect, integrity, pride and teamwork in everything we do. Pursuing a career at Council means helping to enhance the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of the Shire – both now and into the future.
Roles at Council
Working in local government can be incredibly rewarding. At Council, you'll have many opportunities to grow your skills across a wide range of disciplines.
We employ over 70 staff in full-time, part-time and casual positions. We have offices and depots in Tallangatta and Corryong and various other worksites across the Shire, including:
- Corryong Visitor Information Centre
- Libraries in Tallangatta and Corryong
- Maternal and child health centres in Corryong and Tallangatta
- Kindergartens in Tallangatta, Corryong and Bellbridge
- Transfer stations in Tallangatta and Corryong
- Swimming pools in Tallangatta and Corryong
- Upper Murray Community Recovery Hub in Corryong.
Our team includes friendly and supportive staff working alongside a proactive and committed group of councillors.
Our people enjoy a work-life balance offering the best of nature, adventure and community spirit. We're a small group, but the camaraderie and teamwork at Council is second to none.