How to apply
Thanks for considering a career at Towong Shire Council. We really appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply for a role with us.
To give yourself the best chance at success, read through the following application requirements.
Putting your application together
Please remember to include the following information in your application:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV). This document should include:
- your contact details (postal address, email and phone numbers)
- relevant qualifications
- previous employment details including duration
- professional development undertaken
- skills and achievements
- any other relevant details.
- At least two current professional referees (such as previous supervisors) who can comment on your work history.
- A cover letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role (no more than two pages).
- Copies of any relevant qualifications or licences.
Please note: You must be legally eligible to work in Australia and have the documentation to verify this. If you're on a current work visa, you must disclose this information with your application.
Submitting your application
You can submit your application:
- via the job advertisement on Seek
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in person: Towong Shire Council, 32 Towong Street, Tallangatta
- by post: Towong Shire Council, PO Box 55, Tallangatta VIC 3700 (mark as ‘Private and Confidential - Human Resources’).
- Please don't staple or bind your application, or submit it in a folder.
- When submitting an electronic application, please attach the various components as one PDF document with your cover letter at the front.
What happens next?
We will acknowledge that we've received your application within 10 working days of the closing date, usually via email.
Towong Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer. We assess all applications on their merit based upon the required skill set outlined in the position description.
If you're successful
If you're shortlisted, we'll contact you by phone or email to arrange an interview.
Reference checking will coincide with pre-employment medical examinations and we will select the successful candidate based on all of these facts.
All preferred applicants will be required to undergo a police check prior to commencement. Depending upon the role, you may also be asked to undergo a Working with Children Check, psychometric testing and a pre-employment functional (physical) assessment.
If you're not successful
If your application isn't successful, we'll let you know via email, post or phone.
We deal with applications in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Information Privacy Act. We won't share the details of your application to anyone not directly connected with processing your application without your permission.