Public question time (formerly Open Forum)
To ask a question during public question time at a Council meeting, you need to submit your question in advance so councillors can prepare a considered response.
It's important to note:
- We must receive your questions by 2pm the day before the meeting.
- Questions must be 200 words or less, including any supporting or contextual information.
- There's a limit of two questions per person, per meeting.
- Public question time runs for up to 30 minutes before the formal Agenda.
Questions will be considered in the following order:
- Questions with notice that relate to items on meeting agenda.
- Questions with notice that don't relate to items on the agenda.
- Questions received without notice (i.e. received after 2pm the day before the meeting) will be addressed in accordance with the Governance Rules.
Want to submit a question?
To submit a question, complete the online form below. If you need help with the online form or have any questions, please contact our customer service staff on 1300 365 222.