Successful applicants of Round 4 of Councils Community Recovery Grants
Congratulations to the successful applicants of Round 4 of Council’s Community Recovery Grants Program
Towong Shire Council Mayor Andrew Whitehead has congratulated the successful applicants of the fourth and final round of the Council’s Community Recovery Grants Program.
“On behalf of my fellow councillors, I’d like to say a huge congratulations to our most recent successful applicants.”
“Throughout the four rounds, grants have been given to community groups to support 160 bushfire recovery projects, including delivery of community events, purchase of communications equipment and upgrades to community facilities.”
“We are so proud to see these projects come to life over the past year and witness the positive impacts they have had on our communities,” he said.
The 31 successful applicants of Round 4 include:
1. Cudgewa Cemetery Trust
2. Biggara Recreation Reserve Committee Inc
3. Cudgewa Tennis Club
4. Upper Murray Horseman's Association
5. Tallangatta Cricket Club
6. Kurrajong CWA
7. Mitta Mitta Mechanics Institute
8. Tallangatta Rail Trail Advisory Group Inc
9. Towong Hall Reserve Committee of Management
10. Eskdale Progress Association
11. Upper Murray Incorporated
12. Lucyvale Tennis Club Inc.
13. Dartmouth Women's Fishing Classic
14. Talgarno Cemetery Trust
15. Corryong Craft Shop
16. Walwa Services Memorial Hall Committee of Management
17. Tintaldra Public Hall Committee of Management
18. The Man from Snowy River Tourist Association
19. Corryong Sporting Complex
20. Walwa Golf Club Inc
21. Tallangatta Icebreakers
22. Anglican Parish of Corryong
23. Talgarno Rural Fire Brigade
24. Corryong College Parents Club
25. Upper Murray Tennis Association
26. Upper Murray Dance Committee Inc
27. Rotary Club of Tallangatta
28. Georges Creek Tennis Club
29. Corryong & District Memorial Public Hall Inc
30. First Responders Ambulance Tallangatta
31. Rowen Park Recreation Reserve Committee of Management
Council’s Community Recovery Grants Program was established in July 2020 to support Towong Shire communities impacted by the bushfires, through locally-led recovery initiatives.
The program was funded by a $500,000 grant from the Federal Government’s Bushfire Recovery Program and a $200,000 grant from the State Government’s Community Recovery and Resilience Grants Program.
For more information, visit towong.vic.gov.au/bushfire-recovery.