Stage Two Works Completed in Tallangatta Holiday Park Transformation
Stage two of the Tallangatta Holiday Park Transformation has been completed.
The completed works will ensure a more relaxing and comfortable stay for families, with stage two delivering:
- A sealed walking path along foreshore
- Playground equipment
- Refurbish existing western amenities block
- Blinds on the camp kitchen
- New streetlights
- Road upgraded
“Stage two forms part of the masterplan for the park, which was developed in consultation with community and visitors to meet visitor expectations and industry standards, grow visitation to the region, stimulate the local economy and create jobs,” Towong Shire Council Mayor, Andrew Whitehead said.
“These upgrades will improve the experience for tourists and hopefully encourage them to stay longer and to encourage others to explore our region.”
Stage two builds on the work already completed during stage one of the transformation which included:
- Accessible amenities block
- A camp kitchen and BBQ facilities
- A reception / kiosk building with veranda at the park entrance
- Glamping tents
- Resealing of roadways at the entrance
- Drainage upgrades.
This project had been brought to life through the Victorian State Government’s Regional Infrastructure Fund ($500,000).
For more information about the project visit www.towong.vic.gov.au/projects.