Corryong CBD Streetscape
About the project
The Corryong CBD Streetscape project aims to revitalise the CBD to create a welcoming and vibrant town centre for residents and visitors.
The upgrades will take place on Hanson Street in Corryong, between Jardine Street and Donaldson Street.
The project will deliver:
- Improved carparking
- Widened footpaths with active and casual spaces
- New footpaths
- New street lighting
- Outdoor seating areas
- A pedestrian crossing leading to the Man from Snowy River Arcade
The Man from Snowy River Arcade will also benefit from upgrades with a new amenities block, shade sails over existing seating areas, a shade structure over the existing carpark incorporating solar panels and an e-vehicle charging station.
The project is funded by a $1,500,000 grant from the Victorian Government's Regional Infrastructure Fund, and a $1,500,000 contribution from Council.
Project Update - May 2022
We’ve been working closely with the Corryong community to deliver a more functional and vibrant Corryong CBD.
Maximising parking space and dedicated bike lanes were identified as key areas for further consideration during the initial consultation process in early 2021 and were also the focus of this phase of consultation.
Recent discussions with stakeholders and business owners, feedback through our survey and the 'Meet the Project Manager' sessions have shown strong community backing for angled parking and for bike access to be supported through the widening of footpaths as opposed to a dedicated bike lane.
Other themes included:
- Lighting and power in the arcade to support events
- Additional street furniture
- Landscaping, trees and the management of planter boxes
- Finding alternatives to slippery surfaces to address safety concerns
This feedback will be incorporated into the final plans over the coming months.
We anticipate these works will commence in late spring and will provide further advice on start dates in the months ahead.
If you have any further questions you can email the project manager at email@example.com or contact us on 1300 365 222.
Project Update- November 2022
The final plans reflect the community feedback received via our survey and the ‘Meet the Project Manager’ sessions, as well as discussions we’ve had with stakeholders and business owners.
- Angled parking instead of parallel
- Additional furniture
- Landscaping and trees
View the final plans below.
Project Update- February 2023
Water Sensitive Urban Design
In some of our current projects 'water sensitive urban design' principles are being applied, which means stormwater is being reused to help water our gardens and landscaped areas.
Directing stormwater through streetscape gardens and over permeable paving slows down the water and encourages it to soak in. This replenishes soil moisture, supports plant growth, removing the need to water gardens in the summer. It also filters stormwater runoff before it reaches our waterways.
You can see some of these practices being implemented in Corryong CBD Streetscape (gardens).
Download the plans
- Plan - Corryong Arcade.pdf (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Plan - Hanson Street.pdf (PDF, 14.1MB)
- Planting Plan.pdf (PDF, 4.2MB)
- Render View - ARCADE CAR PARK 1.png (11.6MB)
- Render View - ARCADE CAR PARK.png (10.3MB)
- Render View - ARCADE.png (8.5MB)
- Render View - HANSON ST.png (13.6MB)
- Render View - PEDESTRIAN CROSSING.png (2.5MB)
- T221208 HANSON STREET CORRYONG UPGRADE - DWG 01 TO 12 INCL.pdf (PDF, 10.4MB)