Council is working with the Cudgewa community to prepare a Streetscape Plan for the town which aims to capture the communities’ aspirations, as well as other existing projects into a consolidated, graphic and easily understood document or ‘road-map’.
The Streetscape Plan will be a high level strategic document to guide future funding applications and on-ground works. It seeks to achieve a design solution which improves safety, functionality, aesthetics, connectivity, pedestrian amenity and traffic movement within the town of Cudgewa.
Some of the key objectives the plan intends to incorporate is:
- Include key priorities of the Cudgewa Community Recovery Plan.
- Consider a succession species for the Avenue of Honour to replace deteriorating Elm trees and those lost in the 2019/20 fires.
- Reinforce Cudgewa as a key destination along the High Country Rail Trail and connect with the Art / Mural Trail project.
- Consider a unified streetscape treatment to better connect key destinations and improve access within the town.
- Celebrate the town’s rich history.
- Identify a signage strategy for way-finding and interpretation around the town.
Council and Yonder (architects) kick off preliminary discussions with the community to get their ideas.
Preliminary designs developed. A community drop-in session was held at the Cudgewa Hotel to get community’s feedback on early designs.
A Draft Plan has been developed and is available for community feedback.
View the Draft Plan below.
Have your say by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing or in person to 32 Towong Street, Tallangatta VIC 3700, or 76 Hanson Street, Corryong VIC 3707
Submissions closes at 5pm, Friday 24 November 2023.