Community recovery committees
Community recovery committees (CRCs) allow our communities to drive their own recovery and future. CRCs have been established across Towong Shire, including:
- The Upper Murray Community Recovery Committee. This CRC considers the whole region, including cross-border communities, and broader projects like tourism and telecommunications.
- Local CRCs in towns and valleys, which decide on projects to benefit their own areas. Local CRCs have been established in the Upper Murray, Corryong, Cudgewa, Towong, Thowgla, Walwa and surrounds, Biggara, Tintaldra, Lucyvale/Berringama, Nariel Valley, Tallangatta and The Peninsula. You can learn more about some of the local CRCs below.
If you'd like to register to join a committee, contact the recovery team on 1800 518 222 or drop into the Upper Murray Community Recovery Hub.
CRCs focus on broad recovery priorities for the Shire, by:
- consulting with communities and representing community views on recovery
- identifying community recovery priorities for input into the Towong Shire Municipal Recovery Plan
- providing input and feedback on recovery activities to Towong Shire Council, state and federal government
- helping the community understand recovery planning, recovery activities and what support is available to them
- advocating on behalf of the community to make sure recovery efforts meet their needs
- reviewing and evaluating recovery activities and the work of the CRC and other government stakeholders.
Find out more about the Berringa-Peninsula Community Recovery Committee, which also incorporates Bellbridge, Bethanga, Talgarno and Granya.
Find out more about the Biggara Community Recovery Committee.
Find out more about the Corryong Community Recovery Committee.
Find out more about the Cudgewa Community Recovery Committee, which also incorporates Colac Colac.
Find out more about the Nariel Valley Community Recovery Committee.
Find out more about the Towong Community Recovery Committee.
Find out more about the Walwa Community Recovery Committee, which also incorporates Jingellic, Mt Alfred, Guys Forest, Burrowye and Pine Mountain.