Native vegetation is referred to in Clause 52.17 of the Towong Planning Scheme.
When a permit is required
You'll need a permit to remove, destroy or lop native vegetation, including dead native vegetation.
This does not apply:
- if the table to Clause 52.17-7 specifically states that a permit is not required
- to the removal, destruction or lopping of native vegetation specified in the schedule to this clause
- to an area specified in the schedule to this clause.
When lodging a planning permit application which is for the removal of native vegetation requiring a permit, or includes the need to remove native vegetation requiring a permit, the following is required:
- planning permit application
- planning fees ($102.00 plus $37.00 public notice fee)
- copy of the Title or a Title Search
- class of application as defined in the Permitted clearing of native vegetation – Biodiversity assessment guidelines (Department of Environment and Primary Industries, September 2013)
- report generated using the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning's Native Vegetation Removal Tool
- detail of the method of offset or other arrangement to make good the removal.