Marketing your business
Strategic marketing is an important part of growing your business. It's important to have a well-thought out plan for how you'll reach your market, build awareness and ultimately drive sales.
Developing a marketing plan
One of the most important yet often overlooked areas for a small business owner is the development of a marketing plan.
An effective marketing plan should include:
- background analysis
- business and marketing objectives
- marketing strategy and marketing mix
- action plan and budget
- organisational implications
- evaluation and monitoring plan
- summary of your plan and supporting documentation.
To help get you started, Business Victoria offer a great marketing plan template.
Advertising your business
Some of the most common ways to advertise your business include:
- an e-commerce website
- social media profiles, e.g. Facebook, Instagram
- writing media releases to distribute to local media
- placing an ad in the local paper
- flyers in local shops or targeted letterbox drops.
Visit the Business Victoria website to find out more about advertising your business.
For more information and resources, visit the Business Victoria website.