Tourism North East
Tourism North East (TNE) is the peak regional tourism body covering Victoria’s High Country, which includes Towong Shire.
TNE took over this role on 1 July, 2011 from the North East Victoria Tourism Board.
How TNE supports businesses
TNE offers a range of marketing and promotional opportunities for tourism businesses to participate in. By pooling marketing efforts, TNE and tourism businesses can create a bigger impact.
To find out how you can participate, contact our Economic Development team on 1300 365 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Tourism North East (TNE)
TNE was established to:
- Act as the peak Regional Tourism Board for North East Victoria, focusing on the development and growth of the region’s tourism industry, strategic tourism development and advocacy.
- Consolidate the North East Victoria tourism industry's strategic direction and communicate with key partners including local government, Tourism Victoria and the alpine resorts.
- To perform the following functions for North East Victoria:
- tourism industry and product development
- regional marketing
- strong advocacy and a united voice for the region
- effective coordination and communication
- skills training
- leadership and mentoring
- identifying investment/infrastructure opportunities
- managing tourism sustainability.
Financial stakeholders of TNE include:
- the six councils in the region
- the alpine resorts
- Tourism Victoria
- Parks Victoria
Find out more on the TNE website.