Holding an event
Want to hold an event in Towong Shire? Our Economic Development team can guide and support you throughout the event planning and preparation process to make sure your event is safe and successful.
Here's what you need to do.
Notify us of your event
First, tell us about your event. We'll assess your proposed event and let you know:
- whether you need permission or permits
- if there's anything you need to do to make sure your event meets local laws and regulations.
This form also gives you the option to get our help marketing and advertising your event across multiple channels.
Request in-kind support
In-kind support means non-financial ways Council, and other organisations or individuals, can support your event. Some examples are:
- Advice: Our Economic Development team can help you with funding applications, connect you with the right people for design and printing needs, help with media releases and provide other skill-based support.
- Waste management: If you expect a lot of visitors at your event, waste management will be an important part of your event plan. We may be able to provide bins during and/or after your event.
- Specialised support: Occasionally, we're asked to help with ‘out of the ordinary’ tasks, such as use of Council machinery, water carts, portaloos or road closure signage.
If you'd like to request in-kind support from Council to support your public event, you'll need to apply for support at least eight weeks before the event.