Towong Shire

Tourism Business Registration and Licensing

There are a range of licences, registrations and permits you will need when you start your own tourism business. The easiest way to identify them is to use the Australian Business Licence Information Service (ABLIS).

Go to, answer the questions and ABLIS will create a report of your relevant licences, application forms for those licences and details of the authorities you will need to contact.

If you are starting your own accommodation business, the Tourism Victoria corporate website has a comprehensive guide for all of the things you need to consider. 

Last updated: 14 March 2014