Towong Shire

Municipal Rates Concession

A person holding a current Pension Concession Card may be entitled to a rebate towards their Council rates and the Fire Services Property Levy. 

What concession cards are eligible?

  • Pensioner Concession Card - issued by Centrelink or Dept of Veterans' Affairs;
  • Dept of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card - War Widow; and
  • Dept of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card - Totally and Permanently Incapacitated.

Are there any other criteria?

Yes, for you to be able to claim a concession on your municipal rates and charges you must ensure that:

  • You have any one of the eligible concession cards and your card is valid at the time of application, and
  • You are the person resonsible for the payment of the account, and
  • Your name is on the account, and
  • Your name and the address on the account matches that on the concession card.¬†

How many properties can I claim for a concession?

You can claim for one property only.

Eligible cardholders can only claim a concession on their principal place of residence. For the purpose on this conession, the address on the concession card will be considered as your principal place of residence.

For further information contact Council on (02) 6071 5100, the Department of Human Services' Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 (toll free) or visit the Department's website. 

Last updated: 23 September 2016