Council aims to promote an inclusive community in Towong Shire, where people of all ages and abilities can have equal access to services and activities.
How we promote accessibility
Our Access and Inclusion Policy outlines how we support all members of Towong Shire to participate fully in community life, including by:
- supporting programs and activities that strengthen and diversify our community
- empowering people with a disability to get involved in their local community
- building the community's capacity to support people with a disability and their families
- facilitating planning processes that engage with people with a disability and their families, disability service providers and community organisations
- working with disability support providers to enhance their capacity to support the community
- improving access to information about relevant services and activities for people with a disability
- identifying key stakeholders and funding sources
- annually prioritising and evaluating identified community needs.
Disability Parking Permit
VicRoads provides Accessibility Parking Permits to those with impaired mobility.
To apply for a new permit, or renew or replace an existing permit, visit the Accessible parking permits website.
National Relay Service
Towong Shire Council is Relay Service friendly.
If you're deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, you can contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS):
- TTY users can phone 133 677 then ask for 1300 365 222
- Speak and Listen users can phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 365 222
- Internet relay users can connect to the National Relay Service online then ask for 1300 365 222.
Find out more about the National Relay Service on the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications website.