We develop a budget each financial year. The 2022/23 budget was adopted in June 2022..
The budget provides a financial framework for Council to achieve our core services and the objectives set out in the Council Plan. It also outlines the financial and other resources we'll need to deliver our services over the next four years.
How we develop budgets
In developing the annual budget, we consider a number of inputs:
- Community plans: Long term planning documents for areas within Towong Shire.
- The Council Plan: A list of priority initiatives or projects we're looking to achieve over our four-year term.
- Benchmarking: Comparison of the budget make-up of neighbouring and similar councils, including revenue. funding, rates and fees.
- Available resources: Including grant funding and income from rates, fees and charges.
Download past budgets
- Towong Shire Council 2014/2015 Budget (PDF, 6.5MB)
- Towong Shire Council 2015/2016 Budget (PDF, 3.8MB)
- Towong Shire Council 2016/2017 Budget (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Towong Shire Council 2017/2018 Budget (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Towong Shire Council 2018/2019 Budget (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Towong Shire Council 2019/2020 Budget (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Towong Shire Council 2020/2021 Budget (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Towong Shire Council 2021/2022 Budget (PDF, 2.1MB)