In 2011/2012, we facilitated 'Tallangatta Tomorrow' – an extensive township-wide planning project for Tallangatta. The resulting Tallangatta Tomorrow Masterplan aims to prepare Tallangatta for a vibrant future as a prosperous regional town.
About the plan
To develop the masterplan, we undertook comprehensive research and consulted with residents, visitors, businesses and community groups.
We encouraged the local community to help identify key projects that would support a vibrant and sustainable future. They responded strongly, with:
- 400 surveys returned
- 3,000 visits to the website
- 300 individuals participating in focus groups
- 450+ big ideas submitted by residents, visitors and busineses.
Melbourne-based architectural firm, Clarke Hopkins Clarke, played a key role in facilitating and designing the masterplan.
Outcomes of Tallangatta Tomorrow
Recent major projects have arisen out of Tallangatta Tomorrow, including:
- Destination Tallangatta project ($2.65 million)
- Tallangatta Integrated Community Centre (TICC) ($2.2 million)
- Tallangatta Multi-Sport Precinct ($1.3 million)
- Sandy Creek Bridge – cycle and walking bridge connecting the High Country Rail Trail ($1.615 million)
- Tallangatta Bowls Club redevelopment ($104,000)
- Tallangatta Lookout redevelopment
- Lord’s Hut relocation.
We're continuing to work with government funding partners and the community to realise the remaining ‘big ideas’ identified in the plan.